It can be exciting to imagine how your smile will look when you get rid of cosmetic smile flaws with porcelain veneers. You’ve already seen the stunning, natural-looking results they deliver, but there’s a lot more to know about porcelain veneers in Doylestown, PA before you decide.
The Facts about Porcelain Veneers
Before recommending any cosmetic dental procedure, we will explain everything you need to know about the process. Until then, here are some facts your Doylestown dentist wants you to know before you choose porcelain veneers to enhance your smile.
- Dental veneers are super-thin shells of tooth-shaped ceramic that are customized to cover the surface of a tooth.
- Dental veneers address gapped teeth, crooked teeth, stained teeth, broken teeth, and more.
- Dental veneers can improve the shape, shade, size, and positioning of one tooth, multiple teeth, or all the teeth that show when you smile.
- The porcelain material used for dental veneers closely resembles the translucent, lustrous appearance of tooth enamel and can be custom-shaded to blend with your smile.
- The smooth surface of porcelain dental veneers resists staining from coffee, tea, red wine, and other foods and beverages.
- Dental veneers typically require two appointments to complete; the first to prepare your tooth and take impressions, and the second to place the veneers on your teeth.
- Your dentist needs to remove some enamel from your tooth to place veneers on your teeth, so the process is a lifetime commitment.
- Dental porcelain is durable, and veneers can last as long as ten years. But you need to be careful not to use abrasive toothpaste or chip your veneers when eating hard or crunchy foods or chewing on ice.
- Dental veneers don’t require any special oral hygiene; just brush and floss your teeth as you usually do.
- Dental veneers should be checked every six months by your dentist during a routine dental exam to ensure they’re in good condition.
Schedule a Porcelain Veneers Appointment
Now that you know more about how they work call us to schedule an appointment to learn more about Doylestown veneers and how they can transform your smile.