Prosthodontics is the specialty branch of dentistry that focuses on rebuilding and restoring damaged, broken, or missing teeth. It is one of the eight specialties recognized by the American Dental Association.
How Do You Become a Prosthodontist?
Dr. Elyce Link-Bindo is an experienced prosthodontist in Doylestown, PA, which means that she committed to three additional years of specialized training and study after dental school. To this day, she continues to refine her skills and knowledge by taking advanced courses and investing countless hours in continuing education. Dr. Link-Bindo also lectures locally and nationally on the topics of implant dentistry and prosthodontics
What Are Dental Prosthetics?
Dental prosthetics are the restorations that our Doylestown dentist uses to restore broken, damaged, or missing teeth so that they function well again. Since dentistry is continually evolving, every day we see new materials and technology and new ways to apply them.
- A dental crown is customized to fit over a decayed, broken, or worn tooth to restore function and appearance.
- A dental bridge is an appliance that we use to fill in the gap when you’re missing one or more missing teeth from the same spot in your mouth.
- Full dentures are designed to rest on top of your gums to replace all missing teeth, and partials fill the gaps when you still have teeth remaining.
- A dental implant is a standalone tooth replacement that includes a titanium root implanted in your jaw.
- Implant dentures combine the function of beautiful prosthetic teeth with the stability of dental implants placed in your jaw.
Call Us to Book an Appointment
If you need solutions for broken, decayed, or missing teeth, call Doylestown Dental Group to schedule an appointment. In addition to prosthodontics, we are a full-service general dental office, and our 18901 dentist also performs dental exams and cleanings and routine fillings.
We look forward to meeting you and helping you with your needs.